Find Answers to Your Most Common Cooling FAQs Here
At Interstate Heating, we want to help you stay cool and comfortable any way we can. Sometimes, that means just being available to answer your questions and concerns. That’s what these cooling FAQs are for—find the answers to your most commonly asked questions below, and don’t hesitate to call us at 262-246-4772 for top-notch service.
1. How can I save money on my monthly cooling bill?
2. Should I close the registers and doors to areas of the home that I don’t use on a regular basis?
No, because your system was sized to cool your entire home. When you change the area it services, it actually affects airflow in a way that makes your system work harder and less efficiently. A better way to customize temperatures in different rooms is with zoning that’s designed for this purpose, or with a ductless system that can address comfort issues one room at a time.
3. How do I know if I need to call a service technician for my air conditioner or if it’s just my thermostat?
4. Why is there water under my air conditioner?
5. Why does my air conditioner have ice on it?
6. How do ductless systems work?
As the name implies, a ductless system doesn’t need ductwork—instead it delivers treated air to one or more indoor units through small, flexible conduits connected to a single outdoor air handler. The system uses a heat pump, which can cool air as needed, so it’s a great option to make rooms more comfortable all year long. It’s also very efficient because it doesn’t create cold air—it simply transfers energy in or out of a room to adjust the temperature.
7. Does it matter who fixes my air conditioner?
If you have additional questions, our team is ready to help. Call us at 262-246-4772 and see why more homeowners and home builders turn to us for answers.
Schedule a Consultation
Find out about current coupons, energy rebates, and cash incentives.