5 Simple Things to Check Off Your Spring HVAC Checklist
Spring cleaning isn’t just for all the clutter in your Sussex-area home—it can also apply to your home comfort systems. But where do you start? Let Interstate Heating help you. In this month’s blog, we’re sharing our spring HVAC checklist to help you prepare for warmer weather. Follow the guide below and call us at 262-246-4772 when you need expert help.
Your Guide to HVAC Spring Cleaning
Inside the House
– Replace Your Air Filter. Your filter is an important tool in preventing airborne contaminants from circulating through your home. But the more pollutants it catches, the dirtier it gets—and the more it blocks airflow. Start small this spring by replacing your filter (and remember to regularly change it every one to three months for best results).
– Dust and Vacuum the House. Without the ability to open the windows and air out your home in the winter, contaminants like dust and dirt will settle everywhere. Dusting and vacuuming your house will go a long way in getting rid of them (and helping keep your air filter clean). Start by dusting ceiling fan blades, vent covers, and floor registers, then move on to carpets and drapes. If you have pets, you’ll want to perform this task on a weekly basis.
– Switch Your Ceiling Fan Direction to Counterclockwise. Did you know you can switch the direction your ceiling fan rotates? In the spring and summer, flip the switch on the fixture so the blades run counterclockwise. This will help push air down to you, making you feel cooler without turning on your air conditioner.
Outside the House
– Clear the Area Around Your AC. It’s common for the winter weather to have blown debris like leaves or branches into and around your AC. Before you turn the system on for the season, clear all that away to ensure the unit runs as smoothly as possible.
– Schedule Preventive Air Conditioning Maintenance. A routine HVAC clean and check is one of the most important things you can do for your home comfort systems. Our team of experts will inspect your AC from top to bottom, fixing minor problems and tuning up the whole unit. When we’re done, your system will run as efficiently as possible.
Count on Interstate Heating, a Carrier® Factory Authorized Dealer
No matter your needs, our pros can meet them. So whether your AC isn’t working right or you’re in the market for a new one, we’re here to help you complete your spring HVAC checklist. All you have to do is call us at 262-246-4772 or get in touch with us online.